Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A little BTS, and DIY on my recent portrait session with Zoey

The above photo as well as the ones from my previous post Were all taken using a lot of gear that I built myself. so I thought It would be nice to share some of that with you. To get all of the details make sure to take the rest of the journey.
In the head and shoulders shots I placed a large 2 1/2 by 3 foot diffusion screen with an a/c slave, placed at 45 degrees directly above her and a reflector, placed at 45 degrees below her. The reflector wasn't providing enough  fill, so I pointed a small flash at it. like this
For the standing shots, I placed the same screen to the left front and above her at 45 degrees and a reflector to the right of her again with the small flash helping with the fill. like this. 
Now a bit about the screen. I first made a frame that was 2 1/2' by 3' out of 1X3s, then I wrapped it in rip stop nylon. after that I attached  two triangles made out of OSB on the top and bottom of the inside of the frame. between that I put a piece of 1/4 20 all thread attached on each side to the triangles with nuts. In the center of the all thread I placed an I bolt to attach to the umbrella mount of my lamp holder. To hold it all to my stick on a box, I drilled a hole through the center of one side, and put a 1/4 20 bolt through it. I drilled several holes in my stick at 4" intervals, and can now mount the panel at different heights. Since a picture is worth a thousand words I wont bore you with several thousand more words, just a few pictures.









No comments:

Post a Comment