Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Right Place At the Right Time

Photobucket
I went to a movie last night. After the movie I took a short walk down town. I love down town Riverton, it has some really charming, old buildings. I decided it would be cool to take some pictures of them at night. So I walked home and got my Gear and headed out the door, but before I got to far it was raining.
Photobucket

Back inside I went. I still had the bug to do some shooting, so I got out an accordion that I found in the garage and worked with it for a little bit, and then took a short nap, and had a little bit to eat. at about 4 a.m. I tried the great outdoors again. I headed downtown, a 5 minute walk, and got my camera and tripod setup. just as I am ready to take my first shot a caravan of buses passes through the normally empty streets and gives me an opportunity to take the shot with the light streaks in it, I even had the sense of mind to fire the flash and capture a little bit of the back of the bus that you can see. I took several more shots, and then at about magic hour I got to the back of the theater, that I had shot many years ago, in very similar light, and got my last few shots. I was lucky it was raining when I first set out or I would have missed my favorite shots of this session.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment